- Air Iceland Connect - For flights around Iceland, day trips, and excursions to Greenland, Faroe Islands and Scotland.
- FlyBus - provides airport transfer between Keflavik Airport and downtown Reykjavik (~ 30 minutes) for approximately $30.
- Guide to Iceland - Comprehensive trip planning web site.
- Highlander Adventures - The best in the business for guided trips around Iceland.
- Iceland CloseUp - Travel tips and insights from a Beijing native living in Iceland since 2013.
- Iceland Naturally - Recent news and events throughout Iceland.
- Icelandair - Now with 16 North American gateway airports.
- Lonely Planet - Iceland - Lonely Planet is my trusted source for Iceland and all other places I go.
- Road.is - English language website with up-to-date road conditions around Iceland.
- Sixt Car Rental -- Affordable and reliable option with both airport and city locations.
- Stride Travel - Website where you can research and compare guided tour offerings of Iceland.
- Viator - Hop On, Hop Off Bus - Comprehensive site on visiting the country.
- Inspired by Iceland - Comprehensive site on visiting the country.
- Visit Reykjavik - Tips on visiting the capital.
- WOW Airlines - Budget airline offering service to Iceland, Europe and beyond.
2. North Iceland Links:
- Visit Skagafjordur - The Skagafjordur area has it all, best rafting, horseback riding, and birding in Iceland, as well as nature, history, swimming and much more.
- Visit Akureyri - Akureyri is "the capital of the North" and this web site leads you to all the activities throughout the area.
- Visit Myvatn - A visit to the North is not complete without travelling to the other-worldly Lake Myvatn and its nearby attractions -- Dettifoss waterfall, Asbyrgi canyon, Husavik (whale watching), Myvatn nature baths.
- Myvatn Nature Baths - This is the "Blue Lagoon of the North" located on a high ridge overlooking Lake Myvatn.
- Hotel Reynihlid - Excellent hotel with comfortable rooms and great breakfast buffet located on the shore of Lake Myvatn.
- Hotel Varmahlid - Affordable, full service hotel strategically located at the gateway to the Skagafjordur region.
- Guesthouse Egilsstadir - Beautifully renovated guesthouse originally constructed in 1903 on the shores of Lake Logurinn. Excellent on-site restaurant and fantastic breakfast buffet.
3. South Iceland Links:
- Secret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin, Fluðir) - Oldest natural hot spring in Iceland opened in 2014 to the general public.
- Icelandair Hotel Klaustur - Located in the small village of Kirkjubaejarklaustur near Skaftafell National Park, the Laki volcano and the Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon, is a modern, full-service hotel, with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Skaftafell National Park - Second largest national park that includes great hiking, camping and access to nearby glaciers.
- Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon - 30 minutes east of Skaftafell is this other-worldly sea of floating icebergs.
- Systrakaffi - Excellent café option in the small village of Kirkjubæjarklaustur.
- Friðheimar - Unique restaurant located in a greenhouse with exclusively tomato-themed menu. On the Golden Circle route near Geysir and Skaholt.
4. Reykjavik Accommodations:
- Reykjavik City Hostel - Excellent, affordable accommodations adjacent to Laugardalslaug swimming pool, World Class Iceland gym, bike rentals, and large nature park.
- Icelandair Hotels
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica - My favorite hotel in Reykjavik. Request an even-numbered room for a beautiful view of sea and mountains.
- Bungalo.com - Find summer houses for rent in all regions of the country.
- Airbnb - Enough said...
5. News / Info / Events / Books:
- "Dip Into Iceland and Stay for the Warmth" - Mary Winston Nicklin, The Washington Post, 10/25/2015
- Iceland Review Online
- Reykjavik Grapevine - Site with news, travel info, music, culture geared to ex-pats.
- What's On Iceland - Site run by Iceland Review magazine with links to things to do, places to stay, travelling around Iceland, etc.
- Icelandic Association of Washington, DC
- Learn Icelandic Online (free)
- Iceland, Defrosted - Book from Edward Hancox (2013) about one man's obsession with the people, places, and music of Iceland.
- Harpa - Award-winning concert hall located at Reykjavik harbor with events from many Icelandic and international performers.
- Iceland Karaoke Song - Inspired by Iceland.
6. Icelandic Music Sites:
7. Food / Clothing / Products:
- Weather - never know what you are going to get!
- Northern Lights - Best chances to see the Aurora Borealis is when it is cold, clear and away from the city lights. White areas on map show possible locations on a daily basis.
10. Videos / Photos of Iceland:
- Borg - Division of Olgerdin Brewery located in Reykjavik. Brewery tours are available on TH / F / SAT.
- North Iceland craft brewers - Consider making the trip up North and visiting all of these breweries which are in close proximity to one another:
- Bruggsmiðjan - Oldest microbrewery in Iceland, founded in 2006, located in Dalvik (Skagafjordur).
- Einstök Ölgerd - located in Akueyri. Their craft brews are available at selected locations in the US.
- Gæðingur - located in Saudarkrokur (Skagafjordur). I like their Pale Ale!
- Ölvisholt Brugghús "Brewery" - located in Selfoss (South Iceland) within 45 minutes of Reykjavik.
- Segull 67 - located in Siglufjordur (Skagafjordur).
- Steðja Brewery - located in Reykholt (Borgarfjordur) about one hour from Reykjavik
- World Class Iceland - Chain of fitness centers in the capital region with the largest next to Laugardalslaug swimming complex.
Soccer / Football:
Smallest country in the world to ever qualify for the men's World Cup (2018) and in Europe to ever qualify for the men's Euro 2016 tournament, taking the world by "Viking Clap"!
Swimming / Hot Springs
- Blue Lagoon - Geothermal pool with skin-healing powers only 20 minutes from the Keflavik airport. Minimum adult entry fee is either 40 or 50 Euros depending on season. Pre-booking is now required!
- Swimming In Iceland - general info site for swimming pools around Iceland
- Laugardalslaug - My favorite pool / hot pot in Reykjavik and one of the largest in the country; adjacent to World Class Iceland gym and a large nature park.
- Sundhöllin - Downtown swimming pool with rooftop hot pots overlooking the city center.
- "Iceland Swimming Tips," Iceland Review, 11/28/2012
- Avoiding Awkward Hot Tub Moments (Iceland Academy)
White Water Rafting
- Via Ferrata - (Cliff Face climbing course), only one located in Iceland - Isafjordur (WestFjords).
These all take place in Reykjavik unless noted.