- Icelandair - From Boston, New York, Washington, Orlando, Denver, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Halifax.
- Air Iceland - For flights around Iceland, day trips, and excursions to Greenland and the Faroe Islands
- FlyBus - provides airport transfer between Keflavik Airport and downtown Reykjavik (~ 30 minutes) for approximately $20. Also offers stopover at Blue Lagoon prior to returning from Iceland.
- Iceland Total - Travel packages
- Highlander Adventures - The best in the business for guided trips around Iceland.
- Gray Lines 3-D Panoramic Maps of Iceland
- Visit Iceland - Comprehensive site on visiting the country.
- Visit Reykjavik - Tips on visiting the capital.
- Iceland Naturally - Recent news and events throughout Iceland.
- Icelandic Tourist Board
- Lonely Planet - Iceland - Lonely Planet is my trusted source for Iceland and all other places I go.
- Sixt Car Rental -- Affordable and reliable option with both airport and city locations.
2. North Iceland Links:
- Visit Skagafjordur - The Skagafjordur area has it all, best rafting, horseback riding, and birding in Iceland, as well as nature, history, swimming and much more.
- Visit Akureyri - Akureyri is "the capital of the North" and this web site leads you to all the activities throughout the area.
- Visit Myvatn - A visit to the North is not complete without travelling to the other-worldly Lake Myvatn and its nearby attractions -- Dettifoss waterfall, Asbyrgi canyon, Husavik (whale watching), Myvatn nature baths.
- Myvatn Nature Baths - This is the "Blue Lagoon of the North" located on a high ridge overlooking Lake Myvatn.
- Hotel Reynihlid - Excellent recently renovated (2006) hotel on the shore of Lake Myvatn, perfect base of operations for touring in the area.
3. Reykjavik Accommodations:
- Reykjavik City Hostel - Excellent, affordable accommodations adjacent to Laugardalslaug swimming pool, World Class Iceland gym, bike rentals, and large nature park.
- Icelandair Hotels
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica - My favorite hotel in Reykjavik. Request an even-numbered room for a beautiful view of sea and mountains.
- Bolholt Apartments - An affordable and spacious alternative to hotels. One of three locations throughout the city center.
- Bungalo.com - Find summer houses for rent in all regions of the country.
4. News / Info / Events / Books:
5. Icelandic Music Sites:
6. Food / Clothing / Products:|
7. Exchange Rates (Icelandic krona)
8. Weather - never know what you are going to get!
9. Videos / Photos of Iceland:
- World Class Iceland - Chain of fitness centers in the capital region with the largest next to Laugardalslaug swimming complex.
Swimming / Hot Springs
- Blue Lagoon - Geothermal pool with skin-healing powers only 15 minutes from the Keflavik airport. Standard cost is $50 - $60 depending on season. Starting 6/1/2013, non-bathing guests will need to pay $13 to enter to view the Blue Lagoon. Pre-booking may be required as well, so check the web site for the latest.
- Swimming In Iceland - general info site for swimming pools around Iceland
- Laugardalslaug - My favorite pool / hot pot in Reykjavik and one of the largest in the country; adjacent to World Class Iceland gym and a large nature park.
- "Iceland Swimming Tips," Iceland Review, 11/28/2012
White Water Rafting
Smallest country in the world to earn a team medal at the Olympics - Silver Medalist, Men's Handball, Beijing 2008. Iceland didn't win the Gold in London but watch out for Rio 2016!